Blender Modelling

I decided to spend a bunch of this half-term improving my Blender skills.

Amongst my many pipe-dreams is one where I make a dropship sim with mostly-plausible physics and technology.  I love flight sims, and I feel that there is a real void of space games (heheh...pun) between the likes of Kerbal Space Program and the likes of Elite: Dangerous.  So one day, it'd be nice to make something to fill that void.

In order to chase that dream (at a snail's pace) I decided to model and texture a trans-orbital fighter-bomber.  This was difficult because I am not an artist (as you can tell from the picture).  Also, I lost patience with the texturing, so a lot of it is solid colour for now.  However, I am still proud of the result.


In the fullness of time, the texturing will include some kind of squadron markings, access hatches, etc.  I also want to make animations for the canopy, tail planes, variable geometry wings, weapons bays and undercarriage.  The engine exhausts should also change texture depending on thrust settings, and a 3D cockpit will have to be made.  I am still harbouring a grandiose vision of heat diamond and re-entry flaem submeshes as well.

So a lot of learning still to come, but I think I'm done for this half term holiday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:Bit and SPI display

DCS World with TrackIR under Ubuntu

Cardboard Mock-up of USB Joystick