Polygon Triangulator 2!!!

After my first failed attempt, I managed to port the polygon triangulator code into Unity!



It struck me how much more difficult it was to write in C# than it had been in Python.  I've always been a bit wary of Python as it isn't widely regarded as a 'professional' language (at least amongst the people I've spoken to about it).  It really showed great strength in exploring the triangulation algorithm though. 

If I do similar algorithm work in the future, I think I will turn to Python first.

However, now it is ported to Unity, I have a direction choice to make: To plough on to generating terrain from large polygons, to make the code produce a DeLaunay graph, instead of just any old triangulation, or to smooth out the process of specifying the polygon in the first place.

Choices, choices...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:Bit and SPI display

DCS World with TrackIR under Ubuntu

Cardboard Mock-up of USB Joystick