PC Controller Supports

TLDR: I made a desk-like thing which attaches to the arms of my computer chair (see pictures below).

Recently I changed my PC desk to take up less space in my living room.  The new desk is an IKEA metal/glass laptop desk.  Unfortunately it was about an inch too long to sit in the gap between my fire hearth, so I had to prop up the other side on bits of wood.  This made the desk too high for comfortable use of my cardboard steering wheel.

So I designed and built a work-surface which attaches to my PC chair.

The first step was to make some struts which sandwich the chair's arm rests.  They are secured with carriage bolts and wing-nuts/washers from Wilko.


Then come the blocks with dowels which are screwed to the struts, and the work-surface which sits on the dowels.


The surface is reversible and asymmetrical so my keyboard/mouse can sit close to me..




...but my steering wheel can sit further away.


As shoddy as it might look, I'm quite proud of that.  Next step for me is to make a HOTAS setup which latches on to the side-struts without the surface attached.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:Bit and SPI display

DCS World with TrackIR under Ubuntu

Cardboard Mock-up of USB Joystick