Red Faction:Guerrilla

I started playing this recently, and it is so very satisfying.

The first 'tutorial' town is dead easy. You go around blowing stuff up and shooting many people. Great fun.

The second town, I found rock hard. Gangs of soldiers shoot back rather accurately, and despatch you without delay. They run for cover, and then advance ruthlessly - don't think they'll still be waiting in the same place when you've finished cowering.

Also, it hurts when buildings fall on you - who knew?

This was all very frustrating until I realised that my play strategy needed addressing. Had the game been 'Red Faction:One Man Tank' I would've been fine. However, I have now realised the value in running away and coming back later.

It's still early days, but so far I've found it a fun but unusually tricky game where engaging your brain actually helps. So far, I'm impressed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:Bit and SPI display

DCS World with TrackIR under Ubuntu

Cardboard Mock-up of USB Joystick