Potential Cause of Persistent Crashes

I've been concerned for a while that my cardboard case doesn't properly support the weight of my graphics cards.

I've experienced persistent freezes and spontaneous resets under Ubuntu, and thought it was a driver issue.

This morning, I had crashes in Ubuntu 10.04LTS, 11.10 AND Windows 7.  When I nudged one of the graphics cards up and rebooted, Windows 7 was fine.

I have now added more support for the graphics cards.  11.10 still freezes.  So far 10.04LTS still going strong.  Haven't tested Win7 yet.

Comments

  1. Update: Just got a crash on 10.04LTS. New focus: RAM sticks. Just moved second stick over to new slot. Maybe that will have an effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In desperation I started disabling any BIOS settings which I didn't understand.

      This cured the crashes. Don't know why, don't really care - everything is working just fine now.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:Bit and SPI display

DCS World with TrackIR under Ubuntu

Cardboard Mock-up of USB Joystick