Wall-mounted PC: Finished!

The rest of the project went so smoothly, there's very little to add to the previous post!


The standoffs for the motherboard screwed right into drilled holes in the MDF without needing glue.

The HDD and PSU are held to the board by twisty-ties that go through holes in the board.  I didn't trust twisty-ties to hold the PSU's weight though, so I drilled holes for a couple of dowels and glued them in.  The PSU rests on top of them nicely with the twisty-ties stopping it from falling forwards.

The shelves are furniture board off-cuts which are screwed to the battens from behind.  Amazingly, I managed to cut accurately enough that they fitted really snugly to the battens.  There is a bit of give if you press them, but seeing as they're not going to hold anything of real weight I left them as they are.

I'm not entirely happy with the cable-mess.  A little more forethought could have had them tucked behind the MDF board, but meh.

I've installed Ubuntu Mate and Ultimaker Cura, and it slices stuff perfectly for the 3D Printer.  I had to transfer the gcode file to SD card via a different PC this time though because the card reader I was going to use is DEAD.  With a replacement reader in the post, I declare this project DONE. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Micro:Bit and SPI display

DCS World with TrackIR under Ubuntu

Cardboard Mock-up of USB Joystick